Sunday, February 9, 2014

IF...


IF…

My head is still spinning, my heart still pounding and my hands still shaking. 

I did ask God for more.  More of Him.  More love in my heart for Him.  More love in my heart for others around me.  I asked for more.

Not only that, but I had told Him “yes” even before I had asked for more.  I believe I got the two mixed up.  Maybe I should have asked for more, than answered after He had shown me what more looked like.

I am grateful that is not how it happened.  Because, sadly yet honestly, I wonder if my heart would have said “yes” if I had any clue what more looked like. 

More looks like, well, more than I could have imagined.

Sweet sisters gathered together praising the One True God.  Denomination, racial, generational and economic barriers torn down because we all are level at the foot of the cross.  Tears streaming down faces as we come to terms with the love our Savior has for us, a jealous love that will never be outdone.  Knees worn from kneeling in prayer.  Hands lifted high in worship, a simple gesture to symbolize that we surrender all.  Hearts broken over the sin of complacency and the regret for missed opportunities.  Arms embracing one another in support and encouragement. 

Even better, more looks like…

Excitement in the eyes of women that want to say “yes.”  Smiles as discussions lead us to dream.  Voices lifted in prayer and song declaring that we will not be the generation that dropped the ball.  Sacrifices being made to support families in need.  Hands getting dirty in service.  Hearts overflowing, ready to be emptied out and filled again.  Generations coming together in unity and love.  Feet taking the Good News to those who have not heard. 

It’s simple, really.  As Jen Hatmaker said, we have to come to terms with two things.  We must love God, and accept His love for us.  Once we do this, saying “yes” will not only be a natural response, it will be an immediate response.

So I am grateful I said “yes” before I knew what He was really asking of me.  Now the true journey begins.  I do believe I am ready.  Terrified, anxious, crazy… but ready.  And I am grateful to be able to say I have some sweet ladies that are just as terrified, just as anxious and just as crazy. 

So grateful for you sweet sisters!   You are a blessing to me.  I am excited to see what the Lord has in store…

IF? Nope… WHEN!!!!

1 comment: