Saturday, February 1, 2014


More…

I have grown weary from comparing myself to others, my house to a friend’s house, my clothing to some super cute and fashionable young lady, my hair to a photos in magazines, and my crafting abilities (or non-abilities) to the posts on my Pinterest page. 

This is not fair.  Not fair to myself, to those I compare myself to, or to my Father.

I have been striving for the past few years to be content.  Content with material things, content with my job, content with myself.  Sadly, and a little embarrassing, I must admit that I even verbally talk myself down from the proverbial cliff that calls me to comparison and ultimate failure. 

Content… my goal.  Noble and godly.  Yet dangerous.

While seeking contentment in these areas of my life, I unexpectedly embraced spiritual complacency as well. 

I knew in my head who God is, how much He loves me, what He has done for me, and who I am in Him.  This was the issue.  I filled my heart with the determined goal of contentment to the point I became content in my faith. 

Comfortable.  A little too comfortable.  Eventually lazy.

My heart began aching, yearning for more.  I couldn’t pinpoint what exactly, but more.  And then, all at once, the Lord spoke to me through a book, a conference and a friend.

My heart wants more.  It longs for more.  It is desperate for more.  It no longer wants to live content with the distant relationship I have with my Jesus.

It.  Wants.  More.

I. Want. More.

I want more of my God.  More of his Word.  More intimacy in my faith.   More power in my life.  More impact on the people around me.  More of a servant heart.  More….

I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead.

I am standing at the edge of a cliff again, looking down in a dense patch of fog.  The Lord is asking me to jump, but I cannot see the bottom.  I don’t know what is hiding on the other side of the fog.  All I know is that still small voice is whispering my name, calling me to trust Him and jump.

Jump into more…

Jump into His arms, His embrace, His story written specifically for me.

When I was in high school a friend of mine wrote me an incredible letter, telling me God was calling her to more.  She was asking me to come along with her on this journey.  I dismissed her invitation in fear and judgment.  Her faith seemed to be a little too much and I was comfortable in my shallow faith.  I have been reminded of this letter recently.  God has shown me her faith and how He has used her in mighty ways.  I have no idea what I missed my tossing that letter.  I do know that if given a second chance, I would not ignore her.  I would take her hand and we would jump off the cliff together, as Sisters in Christ, right into our Savior’s arms. 

So I am asking you, will you jump with me?  I don’t know what is there, but I do know my Jesus is calling my name, calling your name, telling us he has more…

I. Want. More.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard it said, we can have as much of God as we want. How much of Him do we want? I'm with you, sister. I.want.more.

    ReplyDelete