Thursday, December 25, 2014

Jesus, Light of the World

I don't know about you, but today has been amazing!  The girls were up WAY early excited to see what Santa had left for them, Em read the Christmas story from Luke, we discussed the birth of Christ, opened gifts, then headed to Mimi and Papaws.   We were even blessed with phone calls and FaceTime with family out of town.  It was a fun, food and family filled day.  This momma is EXHAUSTED...

... but not the crabby, don't look at me, let me crawl in a hole exhausted. 

Nope.  I am the blessed, overwhelmed, can't stop smiling exhausted. 

Now, as in the quiet of the house, my heart is a little sad that Christmas is over.  In a week or so we will take down the tree and decorations and life will go back to normal.

I don't want that.  I don't want normal.  I don't want to drift back into the routines of life that drown out the beauty of the Light...

... the Light of Christ.  


This Light was not sent to the earth to be celebrated once a year, or made part of conversation and not action.  This Light was sent to show us the way, to change us, to bring us eternal life. 

My prayer for me, my family, and all of my brothers and sisters, is that we will not allow the world to dim the Light in our lives, but for us to seek it with all our heart.  In seeking we will find Him, and in finding Him we will shine.

May the Light in our lives shine in the darkness and show others the way. 

Blessings sweet friends. 

Jesus, Light of the World

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment