Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Light in the Darkness

It has been too long.... way too long.  I keep putting off writing, even though my heart is filled with so much I want to share.  Today my heart burst open and I simply cannot keep things internalized any longer.  So...

I am coming out of a very dry, dark season of my life.  In fact, this year has been filled with the brightest light and deepest darkness I have ever experienced.  Needless to say, this girl is emotionally exhausted... and could not be happier.  Why?  Because I have learned this year the true depths of the Father's love for me, and have felt His never failing arms carry me through the deepest valley. 

I have also been reminded that I am not alone.

This is a beautiful truth that I cannot keep to myself.

I have had several conversations with strong, amazing, godly women over the past few months that have experienced similar victories and defeats.  They have rejoiced over the wonder of God, and have wept with broken hearts.  In these women I found my Aaron and Herr.  I found women who would stand by me, lift me up when I was too tired to stand, and pray for me when all I wanted to do was curl up in ball and cry.  I found true Sisters, bound by the love of Christ.  Precious and irreplaceable Sisters. 

So tonight I sit here with a heavy heart.  I am broken for my Sisters who are hurting.  My Sisters who are discouraged.  My Sisters who are tired and weary from life and all it entails.  My Sisters who have lost their joy, their hope and their freedom.  My Sisters who are no longer able to find satisfaction in Christ alone.  Daily I read prayer requests for marriages, for loved ones suffering from cancer, for mothers and daughters not getting along, for children facing serious health issues, and for strength and eyes to see God for who He truly is. 
  
I go back in my mind to the dark days and remember what it is like to feel desperate, alone, unworthy, frustrated, angry, and ready to give up.  In those moments I am reminded of God's grace and mercy in my life, and my desperate need for Him.   And out of this remembrance my soul is stirred.  A quickening. 

Sweet Sisters, be encouraged.  Know that you are NOT alone.  Know that you have Aaron and Herrs out here praying for you.  And this is only the beginning.  We want to help lighten your burden.  We want to listen to your heart and hear your hurts.  We want to cry with you, pray with you, walk with you, live life with you.  We want to remind you how much you are loved and valued.  We want you to see yourself through the eyes of Christ, beautiful and cherished.

So lift your eyes to the hills and see your Father, high and lifted up.  See him enthroned in His glory, filled with grace and mercy.   See the longing in His eyes.  Longing for you, His sweet Daughter.  He is wooing you.  He is calling out to your heart.  He wants to bring you healing and renewal.  He longs for you with a loving heart.  He offers hope, joy and restoration.  His arms are open.  The only thing stopping you from walking into His presence...

... is you.

Don't turn away from Him.  Don't walk with your head down and your shoulders sagging.  RUN!  Run into the arms of Jesus.  He will open your eyes to see the truth and your heart to inexplicable peace. 

Warning... He will also change you.  He will challenge you to love on and minister to other women in your situation.  He will break your heart for your broken Sisters and cause you to fall on your knees in prayer.

Is there anything better? 

No. 

5 comments:

  1. You always touch my heart with your beautifully written words, manner & spoken words. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. I often feel as though my thoughts are mere ramblings, but grateful God can use those for His glory. Blessings sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I subscribe to your blog? A friend shared your post with me but I do not see how to follow your posts regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judith, I added your email to the subscription. You should be receiving a confirmation email. Let me know if you do not. Thank you so much for following. Please thank your friend for sharing the post with you. Many blessings dear friend!

    ReplyDelete