Tuesday, December 23, 2014

You are Here

He was created of a mother whom he created. He was carried by hands that he formed. He cried in the manger in wordless infancy. He, the Word, without whom all human eloquence is mute.
~ St. Augustine

 
Christ was born in the first century, yet he belongs to all centuries. He was born a Jew, yet He belongs to all races. He was born in Bethlehem, yet He belongs to all countries.
~ George W. Truett



Something of eternal significance transpired there.  Not only was the calendar of the world changed, but heaven itself and eternity were affected.
~ J. Vernon McGee



If we could condense all the truths of Christmas into only three words, these would be the words: 'God with us.'
We tend to focus our attention at Christmas on the infancy of Christ.  The greater truth of the holiday is His deity.
More astonishing than a baby in the manger is the truth
that this promised baby is the omnipotent Creator of the heavens and the earth!

~ John MacArthur


Rejoice, that the immortal God is born, so that mortal man may live in eternity.
~ John Huss



My heart is overwhelmed when I think of my Savior, King incarnate.  My Father, Creator in flesh.  I cannot imagine how Mary's heart was able to hold all of things she witnessed.  Things no other human eyes were able to behold.  The glory of heaven wrapped in a helpless babe. 


So today I am trying to wrap my heart around the mercy and compassion poured out for me.  For us.  In the flesh of an infant child, held in his mother's arms. 


I am leaving you today with one of my favorite Christmas songs... "You're Here" by Francesca Battistelli.


Blessings sweet friends!


You're Here






No comments:

Post a Comment